What To Bring
What to Expect:
- FOR MOST TRIPS Check in time is 7:00 a.m. at Frontier Pack Train in June Lake.
- Breakfast is served the first day while gear is packed on the mules. The last meal furnished is lunch on the last day.
- Dunnage limit is 40 lbs. per person. This includes sleeping bags, fishing gear, liquor.
- We provide a saddle bag for trail essentials. We do not suggest bringing saddle bags or backpacks unless pocket size.
- No alcoholic beverages served or included in trip fee but you can BYOB but the weight counts against your 40lbs limit.
- Transportation provided for return to June Lake for trips terminating at other road heads.
- Trips will terminate at 4:00 p.m. the last day.
- FRONTIER does not treat the water. Bring your own filter pump or purification tablets.
- We furnish stock, packer, cook, food, camping equipment. Private tents for couples or singles will be reserved by request. All trips are outfitted with chairs, solar showers and privy.
Body Mass Index
Body mass index is a ratio of your height to weight.
|5′ 0″||150 lbs|
|5′ 1″||155 lbs|
|5′ 2″||160 lbs|
|5′ 3″||165 lbs|
|5′ 4″||170 lbs|
|5′ 5″||175 lbs|
|5′ 6″||180 lbs|
|5′ 7″||185 lbs|
|5′ 8″||190 lbs|
|5′ 9″||200 lbs|
|5′ 10″||205 lbs|
|5′ 11″||210 lbs|
|6′ 0″||215 lbs|
|6′ 1″||225 lbs|
We Supply Bear Boxes $5.00 each per day. Box Size 16″ x 16″ x 24″
Wilderness Permit $5.00 per person.
- Sleeping bag/foam pad or air mattress
- Flashlight/extra batteries
- Coffee mug
- Broad brimmed hat (must have string to keep from blowing off)
- Camera, extra SD card and extra batteries
- Solar or portable charger
- Rain pants or slicker
- Riding boots & camp shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sun Screen and Chap Stick
- Bathing suit
- Hat protector
- Heavy jacket
- Personal hygiene kit (including towel)
- Bring gear in nylon duffels – sleeping bag and pads separate
- Liquor should be labeled and checked in separately
- Fishing equipment/rods need to be in PVC or metal cases