About FRONTIER PACK TRAIN: Let us take you to some of nature’s finest vacation spots in the Sierra, whether you want to hike or go by horseback, fish or lay in the sun, we will provide you with a first-class experience you are sure never to forget. Kent has over 35 years of packing experience in the Sierras. Our staff of women and men wranglers, cooks and assistants are some of the most experienced and personable that you will meet at any packing operation.
The Dohnels will personally attend to the details of safety and hospitality that can make the difference between a mediocre trip and one that will be remembered for a long time. All trips are full service, designed to fit your personal needs and interests. A full camp is set up each evening with latrines and tents and a back country kitchen for good old fashioned cooking. We match you up with gentle, well mannered horses suited to your riding ability, beginner or expert.
We are licensed guides in the state of California.
- Complete reservation form and send $400 non-refundable deposit to hold reservations
- Registration forms and Safety Hat forms should be completed and submitted with payment. (visit Reservations page for forms and details.)
- Full payment due 30 days prior to starting date. Non-refundable.
- Deposits apply only to that season’s trips.
- All rates are subject to a 2% U.S. Forest Service fee plus a $8.00 Forest Service reservation Fee.
- Itineraries subject to unforeseen trail or weather conditions or packer discretion
- Riders over 225 lbs or who are heavy for their height need approval by pack station
- Minimum age is 8 years old
Notice: Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to use and enjoy all facilities, programs and services of USDA (Forest Service). Discrimination in any form is strictly against agency policy and should be reported to Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., 20520